Sunday, February 28, 2016

Winter Academy Part 3

This post will bring back the city tours we went on during the Winter Academy along with one of my favorite museum (I actually am planning to go back there for the second time later!). I encourage those who are afraid to sign up for some events because your friends are interested to sign up for all the events that you are interested! When you are an exchange students, everyone became more open into making new friends, so you will make some new friends that have some common interest with you that’s different than your original group of friends from the beginning. It doesn’t hurt to have more friends when you are abroad (or in general!). Some of my best friends that I have now are from joining the excursions. Once you step out of the comfort zone, you will have rewarding experiences as the result!
Day Trip to Frankfurt
We spent an entire Saturday in Frankfurt on January 16th, it took us around an hour to go to Frankfurt (it only take 30 min to go to the airport if you take the fast rain, just as a references!). Frankfurt wasn’t really nice to us because it was cloudy and rainy the whole day, we did a city tour in the morning, and went to the tour for the entire view of the city.
Unlike other cities in Germany or Europe, it is very industrialized and modern. As someone who is a city person, the day was a break for me from small town feel Germany to a city that’s similar to Boston.
Day trip to Stuttgart
Growing up under my father’s influence, I always knew a little bit more car knowledge and history than most people expected me to have. Day trip to Stuttgart was the one that I was most excited for, partially because of the Mercedes-Benz Museum. The history behind this well-know luxury car brand is very fascinating. I spent most of the day there and only went through half of the museum (which means I need to plan another trip to Stuttgart once the semester start to finish the other half of the museum.). My friends and I grabbed an early lunch at a local German restaurant in the area before heading back to Mannheim. It is a typical German food, which includes currywurst and local German brewed beer (I was taking a break from döner.
After this trip, it made me more excited for the other car-related museums around the country. I am currently making a plan to cover most of them by the end of the semester.
p.s There should be one more post regarding on Winter Academy, it will mention the ending of the Winter Academy, the farewell party and the pub crawl hosted by the Winter Academy.

No comments:

Post a Comment