Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Winter Academy Part 1




The second day upon my arrival to Mannheim was the beginning of the 2016 Winter Academy. It is a one-month long program where I get to experience the German culture. Beside the couple hours of German class we have everyday, we can sign up for additional excursions to enrich our experience of German culture. There’s different types of excursions which includes tour of the surrounding cities, wine tasting, beer brewing tour, ice hockey, football, dance showcase, Black Forest. They are also great opportunity for you to make friends with other international students (so you can all struggle together!)
There will be more blog posts on Winter Academy, but I still haven't decide how many posts I want to break it down to, because it is impossible for me to share everything on the blog, but I feel like every moment is worth writing about, because they are all very memorable.
<- Heidelberg excursion city tour took place on January 14 (I believed it was the first city tour beside the local Mannheim tour!) We took this picture at the Heidelberg schloss (I think the Mannheim one still looks better!) It was a great time meeting new friends which a lot I am still in contact with!
P.s. We can go to Heidelberg via tram of S bahn with our semester pass


Speyer Excursion City Tour
Speyer excursion city tour on January 21, after German language class. The tour guide had private access to a high tower in the center of Speyer (importance of network!). This is the view after all the stairs we needed to climb, the view was amazing, and this picture definitely didn’t do the justice. I remembered a lot of my friends didn’t go that day because it was too cold, and I was sick for a couple days afterwards (don’t forget to bring some medicine!)

The view of the city of Speyer.
Speyer is a really small typical old German town (I remember it is one of the oldest city in Germany) and only have a population of twice the population of UMass.  
<-T

No comments:

Post a Comment